Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD WAN) is a transformational approach to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance across the WAN. It suits any business that fits into any of the below descriptions:
- Business is running one or more SaaS applications, like SalesForce, Zendesk, Office 365 or Unified Communications solutions
- Business has a secondary backup Internet connection that sits idle in case of an outage
- Business is running a real-time traffic (voice or video) across the WAN
- Business has limited networking resources in its IT group to maintain and manage the WAN
- Business has multiple branch locations
In addition, SD-WAN allows you to gain voice service redundancy by leveraging multiple carriers.
Read Gartner report Critical Capabilities for WAN Edge Infrastructure, published Dec.3, 2018